Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Something unusual that happened that day

I had to do a project on a weekend and had to go to my friend's house to do it. When it was time to go home during the late afternoon, I grumbled to my friend saying that I had to wait very long for my bus ride home. He told me that a bus number 81 can be taken back to Tampines. I trusted him and so walked to the bus stop. Soon bus 81 came, and I board the bus. Due to the long distance to Tampines, I started to play my PSP, paying no attention to the surroundings. After finishing one long hard level of the game, I glanced out of the window, trying to see where I am now. But instead of the familar environment, the bus was going through unfamilar territory that bore no resemblance. I kept jumping up and down in my seat due to my extreme agitation.I was shocked when I saw a green sign labelled Serangoon Avenue 10. I did not realised I was so far from home. I decided to alight and climbed over an overhead bridge to get to the bus stop at the other side. I heaved a sign of relief to see the number 81 on the red coloured plate at the bus stop. I heaved another sign of relief when I read the words 'To Tampines' on the bus that arrived soon. As I sat patienly in the the bus, I decided to confront my friend who I assume was playing a prank on me. He replied ''Stupid, you must have taken the bus from the wrong side of the road'' in chinese. I still blame him for not telling me where to take the bus up to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment